Google

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Post Cards for Jes


First of all, I would like to greet Jes a happy, happy birthday. All she ask for her special day is a post card. So I bought this post cards in the Airport on my flight back to the Philippines. The first plan is to send it from there, since I don't know where the post office is in Brunei. I figured, she would like to have the stamps and the actual stamp marking from Brunei as well so I brought it back to Brunei to send it from here. Now, I'm back in Brunei, and I was supposed to send it a week before her birthday, which was my birthday. Needless to say, I was busy then so that plan didn't push through.


So here is my second attempt to send it. I asked my brother where the post office is and lucky its just walking distance from his place. So I plan to send it last weekend, when I go for a visit to my brother's place. I stay in a staff house all week and since transportation is hard here because there is no public transportation. There is a bus that you can ride, but in our area there is only 1 bus allotted, and it only operates until 4pm. So there is really no choice but to wait for the weekend when I am off and my brother picks me up from the staff house.

Ok, so last Sunday, armed with the 2 post cards and the directions from my brother and walked my way to the post office. Its just a few steps before the grocery store I always go to. But unfortunately, my mission failed. Post office is "tutup" closed, they are only open Monday to Thursday and Saturday 8:00am to 4:30pm, then on Fridays 8:00 am to 11:00 am will close for "sambayang", open again at 2:00pm to 4:00pm.

So I failed on this attempt. Now, i have to figure something out, how can I send the postcards on a weekday when I am basically imprisoned in my office the whole time and no transportation to use even if I try to sneak out. Well, I will figure something out. So again to Jes, happy birthday!!! Just to let you know, you are remembered, and may all your wishes come true.


2 comments:

Mommy Jes said...

What happened to my postcard now?? :D

sweetytots said...

sorry jes, still with me. Need ko pa mag absent para lang send yun.. at super busy ngayon.. I work even on sundays.. pag luwag na sched i'll send it asap!