Google

Friday, April 18, 2008

Preschool Dilema

I plan to enroll Jea for school this year she will be 3 by June so I thought its the right age to start. Although I planned this a long time ago, I saved up a little since I know its going to be expensive. I also try to train Jea into studying, to schedule a definite time for studying and making it fun for her so that she will not be shocked. I always tell her that she will soon go to school and she will meet a lot of friends. That there will be lots of toys and play. So I thought im already ready for it.

But, im wrong. I should have researched earlier. I should have visited the schools earlier. There are a lot of things that I didnt consider.

1. I thought there will be good school near our place. There are a lot of schools around, being in the university belt area, but this schools are all traditional and some i really dont trust. Even the facilities are not good enough or clean enough. Id like Jea to start in a Progressive school so that it will be more fun.

2. Although i saved up, i was still shock to know the rate of the fees for preschool. Its as if i will be paying for medschool already. But since im leaving my job now, transfering to another. All my tax incurred in my last work, will be refunded. I just hope i get it before school starts.

3. Since i already learned that there is no good schools in our area. I have to resort to finding school in the not so near area. Here came another problem. Transportaion. Who will bring and fetch Jea to school. I can ask my ever reliable father to do this but I believe he wouldnt agree in sending Jea to a far and expesnive school.

So here are my options:

1. I can just send Jea to the Traditional school nearby and spend 1/4 of th expense.
And just think that its going to be ok. Hay... im really scared that this will do more harm than good to her.

2. Another option is to send her for tutorial for kumon, 3x a week then enroll her to a play school for once a week session only. This way, she gets the theorethical schooling, where she will learn Reading and she also gets to play with other kids in the playschool. This solves the transportation problem since there is a Kumon center very near our place. An I can join her on wwekend for play school.
But when I computed the cost, this will also amount in the same cost as sending her to a good preschool far away.

3. To send her to a good far away preschool. My choices are Toddlers Unlimited, and clay and Potter. I know I should look for other schools pa, but for now this are my options. The cost would just be higher than my expected budget, and transpo is really a problem but I really want her to go to a goodschool. She is too intelligent to be going to am "ok" school. She is great and deserves a great school too.


I really dont know what to do. I think I can raise money for a "great school" but i really cant do anything about the transportation.

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! You might want to checkout http://mindbuilderspreschool.com in paranaque. Its co-owned by Teacher Marah. tell her Teacher Pin recommended yu. hope this helps your dilemma :-)

sweetytots said...

tnx pinch. but im leaving my work in paranaque, so that area wouldnt be part of the option. i found a nice school in boni. I might be sending my daughter there. Might because im still deciding coz its very far from home but near my new office.

Sherry Go Sharing said...

many parents here taking the children to school themselves

Sherry Go Sharing said...

there is school bus but dangerous too

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I used to take school bus

Sherry Go Sharing said...

waiting for bus is tough and they dont count heads

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I remembered I Missed the bus

Sherry Go Sharing said...

get scolded like mad

Sherry Go Sharing said...

parents dont know about it

Mommy Jes said...

you've been working hrd for this sis@ =)

Mommy Jes said...

im really glad yo found the good school for your gifted JEa

Mommy Jes said...

i also wanted to look for a nice school like you did but i dnt like her to study far from our place

Mommy Jes said...

i dont want her to be late to school ..

Mommy Jes said...

lagi pa nmn akong late...hehehe

Mommy Jes said...

i dont want her to have a school bus...

Mommy Jes said...

i want to fetch her on my own or maybe my mom =)

Mommy Jes said...

esp my daughter...im not over protectng her...

Mommy Jes said...

i just dont want her to experience bad things

Mommy Jes said...

esp nowadays....kids are not safe now

Mommy Jes said...

i also wanted them to grow independently...

Mommy Jes said...

lke i used to be when i was a kid

Mommy Jes said...

i can go to school alone when i was in preschool....

Mommy Jes said...

sometimes hey do fetch me ...

Mommy Jes said...

sometimes they dont...

Mommy Jes said...

i also like that way...but as a mother now, i dont think i can do that to my daughter

Mommy Jes said...

i had a lot of bad experiences when i was a kid /...

Mommy Jes said...

and i dont want my kids to experience those

Mommy Jes said...

i want them to grow like their father..

Mommy Jes said...

with good manners...heheh im not saying i dont have good manners hehehe

Mommy Jes said...

bu hnestly ys sometimes im bastos to my mama!

Mommy Jes said...

i hate my attitude like that!

Mommy Jes said...

maybe becoz my father died do early...

Mommy Jes said...

and after he died we have to transfer to public schools

Mommy Jes said...

thats why i dont want my kids to study in not so good school

Mommy Jes said...

sometimes its the classmates din eh...

Mommy Jes said...

if your classmates are squatter..

Mommy Jes said...

may tendency na maging squatter ka dn.

Mommy Jes said...

kaya mabuti nlng nakahanp k ng magndang school for your kid

Mommy Jes said...

d bale n ngang gumastos k ng malaki basta mapabuti ang baby mo...

Mommy Jes said...

basta b merong panggastos....kami kasi wala tlga hehehe

Mommy Jes said...

pero kung me oportunity tlgang mapag aral ko ang mga ank ko sa mgandang school...

Mommy Jes said...

why not....ofcourse para sa knila nmn lahat ng paghihirap nting ito eh!