Google

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Keeping Promises

The whole family went to go shopping to Greenhills, and on our way there I told Jea that we are going to go shopping and mommy will buy her shoes. We arrived very late, around 7:30 pm, and we used another 15 mins to park our car. When we get in, we went straight to the cellphones area coz mama has to buy one. I, on the other hand had my cellphone repaired. In short we all forgot about jea's shoes until the store closed down. We went home as usual, not thinking that jea( she was just 1 and 1/2 yrs old then) was contemplating about the shoes that I promised her.

On our way home, we noticed that she kept herself awake but very quite, very unsual for her. Most of the time she would be asleep at that time of the night and most especially while riding a car. But she didnt sleep, kept herself awake until we get home.

As soon as we got home, as I put her down on the sofa she looked at me and said

Wa?! Shoes?!...
Wa?! Shoes?!...

With a very demanding tone. She was looking for the shoes that I promised her, that's the time that I learned that she REALLY listens, she really listen and understood everything that I tell her. She was asking why I didnt keep my promise. I was very guilty and at the same time proud. Guilty because I didnt kept my word and proud because at that very young age she knows how to listen, she understood, and most importantly she knows that every promise has to be kept.

The next morning, we went back to greenhills and bought her shoes, and a bonus new toy . This is a lesson for me. I have to keep my promises or I'll go broke.

No comments: