Google

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Divisoria trip

Sunday morning, Mama wanted to go to divisoria to buy more cloth for the table napkins. I wanted to go too beause I’d like to go and look for foam sheets or felt cloth for the sewing class for Kids Ahoy. Nong-nong, Mama, me and little J went early to avoid lots of shoppers. We parked at Tutuban Center and walk all the way to Ilaya. To all the Filipinos, you all know what Divisoria looks and smell like. So little J not used to that smell, she was walking so slow because she’s covering her nose and a little shocked of all the people and activity around. I can hear her say “ang baho, ano yung mabaho” (”stinky, what’s that smell?”) I pity her, she’s just a little too shocked, its her fisrt time to experience that. I also amazed and find it a little funny. She’s there for just a few minutes and I carried her most of the time. She had her softdrink and siopao that we bought from Chowking as soon as we got in the mall. And she cant stand it. Does she even know that there are a lot of kids, that live in areas that smell like that? Does she know that there are a lot of kids who sleep on those streets and lay down on muddy and dirty roads because they don’t have a home. Does she know that she’s so lucky to eat good food whenever she wants to, while other kids don’t even have a chance to eat clean food? She doesn’t, and I don’t want to pressure her know, ing all about the cruel world right now, she’s only 3. But I also let her peak once in a while in the lives of others. It’s nice to be 3, you don’t have to worry above the worlds cruelty, the painful reality.

No comments: