Google

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Prechool Worries

I've always found little J very smart. She has always been advance in all he milestones. She started walking at 7 months. Reading letters at 1yr 3 months. Addition and subtraction at age 2. She can solve 24 piece puzzle in less that 3 minutes when she was 1yr 5 months. She can now read 3 letter word and writes most of the letters on her own. What worried me is that when she started going to school, I noticed that her developments are not that advanced anymore. Its sort of just in normal advancements. Its scary for me. I thought she will nurture her knowledge more if she goes to school, but since the school is in a specific curriculum she also follows the same curriculum which she already knew. She knows all her lessons already, she also feels bored at times because of it. I enrolled her in an intensive class thinking she will get more attention because its not just an ordinary class. I even talked to the teacher and asked if they can give advance or more challenging lessons to her.

On the other side is that I'm also happy for her. Because she gets to enjoy being a kid, not too pressured because of er abilities. On the other side I also feel that her intelligence is being wasted if they don't give more challenging stuff for her.

No comments: