Google

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bakunado ka na ba?




Summer is here, that means vacation time for the kids. No classes for 2 months, they can play all day long. Most kids like to play outside, on the streets with all the other kids on vacation. This may be so fun for the kids but I must admit as a mom I am scared to let little J go playing outside. She might get virus that can cause her to be sick. Summer is also synonimous to a lot of sickness, measles, chicken pox and flu. I am so greatful to be part of Nuffnangs Flu awarness event, with the help of Sanofi Pasteur, both of us got a free flu vaccine. I can calm down now and turn off my Paranoia button. I am now glad that me and my daughter is protected with the vaccine. She can play all day, without me getting so worried.

This is the first bloggers event that I joined, it is Saturday and the location is right accross Tiendesitas and Fun Ranch, so I figured we can go to Fan Ranch afterwards and spend the afternoon bonding with little J for another J&J adventures. We we're the first to arrive, so I set up all of little J's paraphernalia. Everything that can make her busy, in case she gets bored. I brought coloring book, game gadget and the laptop. I have my whole complete gear on.

I am so glad to join the event, not only did I got a free vaccine but I also learned a lot about flu. I am so happy to meet the bloggers too, I met teacher Julie, Imom, Cess, Sassy mom and even Aeirin.

People who need to get the shot.
Any person who desires to reduce the likelihood of becoming ill with influenza
Children 6-59 months 4
Adults and children with risk factors:
Chronic cardiovascular disease (e.g. congestive heart failure, hypertensive cardiovascular disease, valvular heart disease, rheumatic heart disease, stroke
Chronic lung disease (e.g. COPD, asthma, bronchiectasis, malignancies, chronic PTB)
Chronic metabolic disease ( diabetes)
Chronic renal dysfunction
Hemoglobinopathies
Children and adolescents who are receiving long term aspirin therapy
Immunosuppressed or those with weakened immune system
Residents of nursing homes and chronic care facilities
Pregnant women on their 2nd and 3rd trimester who have not received their vaccine within the last 12 months
Persons who can transmit influenza to those at risk: health care workers and other personnel of out patient care settings, hospitals, nursing homes, and chronic care facilities; Household contacts and caregivers of person at risk
Persons who provide essential and emergency community services, students and other persons in institutional settings

2 comments:

Vanniedosa said...

yup; right move on getting our kids vaccinated esp now na marami sakit dahil summer.

may tag ako for u joane.its here
http://www.vanniedosa.com/2009/03/i-am-mother-i-am-wife.html

Anonymous said...

Hi JP! It was great to meet you at the flu seminar. I hope to see you again in future blogger events.