Google

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Energy Conservation

How Much Energy Does a light bulb actually consume? I don't know exactly, but this is what I know as little as it may seem to us that is still energy wasted if a light bulb is left on all night. I am guilty of this, little J wont sleep with the lights off so we have to turn on the lights all night. I used to turn it off when she falls asleep, but she always wakes up in the wee hours of the morning, crying and screaming "mommy lights!,mommy lights!" so I just let it on all night. We all got used to it but with the on-going recession, we all should do a little step to save. Another thing that we can do to save energy is to unplug all appliances. According to Meralco, if you appliances are still plugged it, it is still consuming up to 15% of energy. I believe most of us, if not all are guilty of this. This are just simple measures that we can do to conserve energy, we should all do our part. I'll start by turning of the light as soon as little J go to sleep.

No comments: