Google

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Toast Masters

I went to Toast Masters Club yesterday, on the suggestion of my bost. It's for me to develope my confidence more, and maybe enhance my English proficiency. I was hesitant at first, because of a lot things. Time would be one, insterad of going home, I'll have to spend time with this people first than being with my daughter. Then the social thingy, I'm not a very social person. I'm more of an introvert, I keep to myself most of my emotions, maybe that's why I got hooked in blogging. I don't like gathering much, especially with people I dont know very well, but I have to go. It's for my own development, I am very lucky because of all the employees I'm the only one who gets the privilage of joining this club in my companies expense. I'm just nervous, I dont like to meet people, I dont even like them looking at me.
But, my boss is right, I've lost the confidence. How and why this happend is another post.

I arrived just on time, actually a few minutes late about 10mins late, but its ok. I didn't even prepared to look decent, I came in my jeans and over sized, over used black blouse. I was thinking they will be the all made up bunch. The richy, richy, beso-beso kind of group. But Im lucky I was wrong. They are very normal people, dressed in rugged jeans and shirt too. One is an attorney, one is an HR head, then the Finance manager, then a business woman. By profession You'll know that they are on a certain stature, the kind of people that Im afraid to meet. But I was wrong they are very accomodating, friendly and a bunch of wacky people.


9 comments:

Sherry Go Sharing said...

my dad was toast master

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I mean he joined the club

Sherry Go Sharing said...

its fun and my mom joined too haha.. just for a while

Sherry Go Sharing said...

the course is not cheap :(

Sherry Go Sharing said...

lucky my dad got it free

Sherry Go Sharing said...

so they have fun!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

its a skill where you can learn to speak in public

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I know I can't!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

too shy to do that