Google

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ticap Sticks!!!! Little J's Recipe




I don't usually blog about recipes its not my kind of thing, although I can brag a little that I do cook quite good most of the time, except for some "accidents". I would like to share this recipe for all of you because of the funny moments that goes along with it.

On Christmas Eve, didn't cook much, I only cooked the pasta which little J fondly calls "Ticap Sticks". Do you wonder why? Imagine how you cook spaghetti pasta, you put it in a boiling water while holding a whole bunch verticaly and then slowly releasing it right? Just how we play "pick up sticks" remember? That's how this recipe got its name.

We like our spaghetti not the Filipino style, meaning we don't like it sweet and without hotdog. We like it the classic italian style, tomato sauce that really taste like tomatoes and no meat. We do put ground meat sometimes, or even corn beef. But for Christmas Eve this is what I cooked.

1pack of spaghetti noodles
1l Hunts cheese tomato sauce
1 can mushroom
garlic
onions
fresh basic leaves
1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of grated edam chese

This is the simplest recipe, but really yummy!

Cook the pasta as written in the package

Saute onions and garlic, until brown and translucent. Add the buttom mushrooms (s
liced into pieces) until golden brown. You can add ground beef at this part too if you like yours with meat. I opt to just separately cook chicken cordon blue with bacon and cheese as meetballs for this recipe. Cooked until brown, add the can of tomato sauce, simmer and add the cheddar chese until melted. I like it, when its not fully melted, so I add cubes of cheese instead of all grated. I'd like to bite into chunks of cheese, its like a surprise. Add the chopped basic at the very end.

So here it is!

Little J loved it so much. After a few days, this recipe turned to another recipe, read here.




Type rest of the post here

2 comments:

Enchie said...

Nice way to begin 2009 :) btw, thanks for the PR info he!he!he!

Mommy Jes said...

hi! i got an award for you! =) http://jeslising.blogspot.com/2008/12/thank-you-ms.html